V. Lebedev –
· Purpose of group to review and approve PIP-II functional/technical requirements.
· Mondays at 8:00am works well with most of group and remote Indian colleagues.
· Next meeting will be SRF related. Still waiting to understand scope of discussion.
A. Vivoli –
· Presented, “Transfer Line Option Optics”.
· Dump line was moved from previous version to accommodate beam line construction.
o Needed a path for equipment transport through line.
· Transfer line to Mu2e will cross MI-8 line but at higher altitude than existing line.
· There is an unused beam line in the area which may complicate civil construction.
· Need 8’ clearance for safe head room under magnets (not 7’ as shown in drawing).
· Is 5m vertical dispersion acceptable?
o Maximum horizontal dispersion is equal and aperture is round.
o Will complicate beam line tuning from operations perspective.
· Lattice of PIP-II beam line that goes over MR enclosure is more complicated. No perceived operational advantages to single enclosure option.
S. Dixon –
· We will need to pull out part of the MR tunnel to install Mu2e transfer line.
· MR enclosure hoops at transfer line crossing will be removed and replaced.
· There were no real disadvantages pointed out to raising PIP-II beam height to go over MR without four bump.
· We should discuss possible modifications to SY line for better access. SY components will need to be removed and replaced for construction regardless.
· Where will cooling water for SY components come from after cooling ponds are removed for PIP-II construction?
· We are entering new operational paradigm where downstream experiment maintenance will affect overall facility operation.
· Still need to clean up utility distribution model to expose possible space limitations around crossing.
The board believes that Option I proposed in the presentations represents a better choice than Option II.
Option I need to be modified so that the Linac-to Booster line would be raised at the crossing of Test beam line in the Tevatron Tunnel so that do not complicate an equipment transportation along Tevatron tunnel.